Friday, October 03, 2008

VP Debate + Football + Niel Diamond= AMERICA

Last night was a pretty eventful one. Not one that I will be forgetting anytime soon. First off, most Americans were looking forward to the Clash of the Vice Presidents, the debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden. My mind was weighing heavy, due to the fact that I had 3 important events occurring at the same time. First, the much talked about debate. Second, my good buddy, Aaron, scored some free tickets to a ridiculous show at the Hollywood Bowl. And third, My undefeated University Of Utah Utes were playing a strong Oregon State. How could I possibly choose between all the options. I figured that our wonderful media would be talking about the debate for the next two or three weeks, as they always do. And thanks to the advent of the iPhone, I could keep tabs on my Utes as I enjoyed the GREAT NEIL DIAMOND in concert.

The concert was great. Granted, I'm not the biggest Diamond fan, I wouldn't even call myself a fan at all, but that man really knows how to put on a show. And at the age of 67, he's still got it. While singing along to "Sweet Caroline" I couldn't take my eyes off my iPhone, the Utes were up, then down, then tied. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. I kept thinking "Why am I not at home, watching this game?" I was beyond nervous for my Utes, but luckily they pulled it out in the last quarter with a field goal. They are still undefeated and I got to enjoy some good old fashion rock and roll at the Hollywood Bowl.

Here are the remaining minutes of the incredible game that I missed. GO UTES!!!

No comments: