Monday, June 18, 2012

Mini Movie Review: Prometheus: ★★★½

Prometheus is one of those movies that I spent years looking forward to. It was to be Ridley Scott's triumphant return to Scifi, since his tent-pole films "Alien" and "Blade Runner" set the standard for great scifi. So Naturally, how could one not have extremely high expectations for Prometheus? Those high expectations are probably why I felt some form of disappointment when the credits finally rolled. Initially I walked out of the theater feeling more or less satisfied. But, I found that the longer I thought about what happened (or didn't happen) in "Prometheus" the more questions I had and the more I began to dislike the movie. Overall is wasn't a bad movie though, it just left WAY too many stones unturned, and didn't answer most of the questions raised in the storyline. (A sequel might change my opinion completely.) Definitely go see this movie, seeing it in 3D is worth the extra money too.

No comments: