Monday, January 08, 2007

Weekend of DEEP thoughts....

This past weekend, I decided to lay low and not do much, which turned out to be very therapeutic. I spent most of the time catching up on films that I have not yet seen. And both made me think about the world we live in, but most importantly a little bit about the status of my life.

The first, Children of Men, starring Clive Owen, swept me away on a futuristic mission to save the human race from totally extinction. I must say that I had my doubts about the film before seeing it, but I was quickly sucked into the futuristic apocalyptic world, set in 2027, and found myself totally enthralled. The artistic cinematography and the unpredictable plot completely changed my mind about the movie. This film raises valid and important issues that are contributing to our troubles in the world today. For example racism, war and politics.

The second film I enjoyed was Stranger than Fiction, starring Will Ferrell. I had heard good things about this film, but I must say that I was also pleasantly surprised while watching it. This movie really makes you take a step back and look at yourself, your habits, routine, lifestyle; almost through someone else's eyes. The plot is unbelievable, but the writing is so clever that one looks past the obscurity of the plot and goes with it. I could identify with the main character, Harold Crick, a creature of habit stuck all alone in his world of boredom and repetition. If you need some motivation to make a change in your life NOW, this movie might just give you a nudge in the right direction.

No comments: