Thursday, May 22, 2008

Indiana Jones and the "not as good as the others but still fun" movie...

It's taken me a few days to write about it, but I need to get my opinion of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull out in the open. As I wrote a few days ago, I was one of the crazy Indiana Jones fans that braved the crowds and attended a midnight showing on May 22nd 2008.

I will say from the get go I never expected to the movie to be as good as the previous three. All the critics said that "Crystal Skull" was the 4th best Indy film in the series, but an Indy Film nonetheless. Often times I go into a movie expecting the film to be REALLY bad and come out of the theater actually liking the movie more than I would have ever guessed, Transformers. The good thing with this approach is that the flick can only better your expectations if not remain the same. Nothing is worse than when you go into a movie hoping for one thing, and you get something completely different, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace. And that is exactly what I didn't want to happen with Indy 4.

I wasn't too disappointed. The fourth installment turned out to be exactly what I expected, the fourth best Indy film. Go see it...it is a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I had a lot of fun watching it, but I was ultimately disappointed. However, I do think it was better than 'Temple of Doom.'

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I had a lot of fun watching it, but I was ultimately disappointed. However, I do think it was better than 'Temple of Doom.'