Friday, May 02, 2008

You know you're getting old when....

You get the invite to your 10 year High School Reunion. I'll tell you, nothing hits you like a slap in the face more than the realization that high school was a decade ago. That's right folks, I am OLD, class of 1998. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but is mere proof that time really does fly when you're having fun.

A couple of weeks ago I got an email, via my Myspace account, that brought this painful realization to light. I did however find much amusement with the ability to view fellow classmates profiles. To see how fat, bald they had become over the years, in some cases a combination of both. I had always heard that it is a wonder to see just how much people change in those 10 years. Not until now have I truly seen the reality of that statement.

Despite the obvious truth that I am indeed ten years older than those high school memories that seem so "fresh," I will be traveling back to Utah this August to meet and greet my fellow Park City High School class. Stay tuned for pictures and updates...

No comments: