Saturday, April 19, 2008

Artist of the Week...Kings of Convenience

I have decided to bring an element of consistency to my blog. You would probably guess already that I am a HUGE movie and TV buff. But I have paid little attention to another passion of mine, music. I have decided that once a week I will write up a little ditty about one of my favorite bands, songs or music videos.

For my first EVER entry, I want to focus on one of my favorite bands, Kings of Convenience.

During my time living in Norway, I saw one of their music videos on MTV, fell in love with the song, but was never able to find the CD. Then I randomly came across the album, Quiet Is the New Loud, at a local library. After listening through it one time, I instantly became a fan. Ever since then "KOC" has been at the top of my "most played songs" list on my iTunes. Erik Glambek Bøe and Erlend Øye, two UK-based musicians, originally from Bergen, Norway, first played together as a vital part of a Norwegian Indie band. That band split-up and the duo began performing self-written material on a regular basis, calling themselves Kings of Convenience. Their mellow style has been labeled as a key component of the New Acoustic Movement. In fact, the title of their second album has been adopted as the movements unofficial motto: "Quiet is the new loud." Bands that have been linked to the movement include Turin Brakes, Kings of Convenience Starsailor, David Gray, Coldplay and I am kloot.

Below is the video that started it all for me. "Failure" By Kings of Convenience.



Check them out. I promise you will like them.

No comments: