Tuesday, April 01, 2008

OH MY SUMMER TOUR GOODNESS...

This is probably the best news I've heard all year. My favorite Band, 311, has announced their 2008 summer tour. And of all the times I've seen them perform, this is already sounding like one of the best tours to date. Headlining with Rap GOD, Snoop Dogg, I can see no reason why anyone in their right mind would not want tickets to this show. It has been a few years since I went to a 311 concert, so you better believe that I will be going this year. I need my fix of the three-one-one. The Unity Tour begins in June and will go through August:

"Come Original" -311
(USANA Amphitheater, summer 2005, West Valley City, UT)

I took this video myself.

More exciting news, one of my all-time favorite bands, Stone Temple Pilots, has finally put their differences aside and have officially announced that they are getting back together. Not only that, but rumor has it that STP will reportedly play more than 50 amphitheaters across the U.S. this summer. The new dates are expected to be announced April 7th.

STP broke up in late 2002; the band's last album was the previous year's "
Shangri-La Dee Da." But they are most well known for their previous albums "Core," "Stone Temple Pilots," "Tiny Music...Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop," and"No. 4 ." I say, as long as Scott Weiland, who recently got the boot from current band Velvet Revolver, keeps it together, I have a feeling things will be as kick ass as usual for STP. At very least, let's hope he can keep it together long enough to have a successful tour.

No comments: