Sunday, April 27, 2008

Artist of the week...Goldfinger

This weekend I rediscovered my love for the Ska band Goldfinger. As I often do on the weekend, I found myself browsing the music section at Best Buy and I came across the new Goldfinger CD, "hello destiny..." I couldn't resist, I had to pick it up.

Goldfinger was formed in 1994. Their edgy combination of brass horns and electric guitars has helped build the foundation and popularity of the Ska genre.

I discovered Goldfinger my freshman year in college (1999) while working as a disc jockey for the college radio station. I found that not only did the band have very catchy tunes, the music brought along with it a ultra positive vibe AND it rocked. That is one thing that I REALLY like about Ska, it usually brings with it a positive and upbeat feeling

If you like Reel Big Fish, No Doubt(early years), or Sublime, you should look into Goldfinger if you haven't already.


Click here to listen to RIO (Duran Duran Cover).

No comments: