Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Car woes...and "Brightening my day!"

So I am completely and underly fed up with my car. Granted, I haven't had too many problems over the course of my ownership, but lately I have been hearing strange noises from the front wheel on the passenger side. I have taken it into the shop multiple times, they say they have fixed it, but the sound remains. Believe me, it doesn't sound good. It sounds like a small animal is jammed behind the tire and its precious little bones are GRINDING against the wheel all while its screeching in dire pain.

As many of you know, car issues are one of the leading causes of stress across the country, especially for those of us who don't have a lot of money (Oh, how I wish I was a billionaire). At first, I would let the sound stress me out, but I've gotten to the point that I don't even care anymore. I mean, my Toyota is a first generation Rav4, a 1997 model, so it is as old as Methuselah. The good news, I am literally weeks away from paying it off, so I have boldly decided that I am going to purchase a new car. I am going to have to hang tight for about a month, but I will definitely pick up my new ride then. Right now I am torn between The MINI Cooper S hardtop and the Scion tC. Both get very good gas mileage, the MINI is a bit more expensive, but its small size make it ideal for city life in LA. The Scion tC is a Toyota product and everyone knows Toyota makes some of the most reliable cars in America today, AND they get great gas mileage and have very few mechanical problems. That is really what I need right now, something that is reliable and sleek. I'm at a time in my life where I need to be driving something that I actually want to drive. More to come on this recent development in the life of Kristian with a "K."

In the meantime, check out this clip from yesterday's the Ellen Degeneres Show. Thanks to my coworker for sending me the link. I am eternally indebted. It instantly made me feel better, I hope it has the same affect on you!


I'm telling you, seriously unbelievable! Who would have thought that Christina Aguilera having a baby would turn out to be the best news for men across America in recent memory.

3 comments:

Tim A Odland said...

Your little Bro TImmy's vote is for the Scion tC!
the min is a death trap and parking spaces on average usually is big enough in the wild west to accomidate the Scion size. I think rarely you'll experienc using its advantage of size. Plus I think the tC is less nerdy. Just a thought.

Holly said...

Hey Cousin..kind of. It's Holly. I like the scion... like your brother said, not in his exact words, the mini is a little gay. You dress well so if you add a mini to the picture you might give the ladies the wrong idea.

Anonymous said...

I just called you 'metro' last week. That was before the mini. If you get that, I'll have to call you 'gay'. Just my 2 cents.