Friday, February 08, 2008

Afraid of "Failure?"

I had a major failure today, and it was hilarious. I was supposed to set up a conference call for my boss and I accidentally sent out the wrong phone number late yesterday. Out of sheer habit I put an 818 area code instead of the 866 area code. And this morning, one minute before the call was to begin, I dialed the number, and some guy named "Victor" answered. A wave of panic came over me as I realized that ten other people were about to make the same mistake. I took a deep breath sent out an apologetic email to all attendees saying that I sent out the wrong number and added the correct one. I then dialed the correct number and everyone joined the line in a matter of minutes. Just as business was about to begin, one of the attendees mentioned poor old "Victor." My boss then joked that we might as well ask him to be on the show since we had all called him. Everyone on the line was laughing by this point, including me. Although the whole experience was quite embarrassing, I was relieved that everyone had taken my ROYAL FAILURE so lightly. I am really lucky that my boss is so great. He is by far one the best Executives in my department.

After that moment of great dignity, I realized that I am not being so good with my goals this month and I know it's mostly because I have not written them down. This is proof that an integral part of accomplishing any goals is actually writing them down. I'm not about to make excuses, but part of the reason is because of my recent move. Things have been pretty hectic, but I am still doing my best to keep up on my goals.

We all fail, in fact some of the funniest stories of our lives come from our own major screw ups. Coincidentally, I stumbled across this website today that is nothing but examples of people failing at life. The Fail Blog is a collection of photographs of undignified moments from others lives. It will be sure to pull you out of any bad mood. Even in the wake of one of the biggest failures in NFL history, this could even help Patriots fans realize that it's not over after failure. You can always get up, dust yourself off and try again, right? Kind of like this guy....

No comments: