Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Changing the look of the NBC Page Forever?

There is a change that will be taking place in the next couple of days that I haven't decided if I like of dislike yet. Apparently, NBC has decided to change the traditional uniforms for the long running NBC Page Program. Since NBC began the Page Program in 1933, the uniform has for the most part remained unchanged. But that could all change next week (March 24, 2008). During a segment on the TODAY Show, America will vote on what the next Page uniform will look like. Apparently, Brooks Bros. has designed three different uniform variations for the east and west coast Page programs and America will get the chance to decide which outfit they like best. So be sure to tune in and do your part.

The reason I am torn on this event is mostly because of the rich history behind the Page Program. I am a purest and I would like to see the current uniform remain. It is such an honor to be selected as a Page. Thousands apply to be a page every year, but only a select few are given the opportunity to be a page. And I feel lucky to be included in this fraternity of sorts. And you know that deep down I really won't care what Pages are wearing, I will always remember my year as a page and all the wonderful experiences and people I met in the program. I just want future Pages to have the same amazing experience that I had. Long live the NBC Page.


Phil, Tom, ME and Larry Working the ROSE BOWL PARADE 2007

2 comments:

Ying said...

Hi, This is quite random but I was searching for information about NBC Pages and saw your blog about your life as Page. I got a call today from NBC Universal for an interview with the Page program and I would really like to know how the interview process was for you and how you got the job. I feel really fortunate to be selected for an interview, but I heard the interview process was hard and I want to be prepared. This is a chance of a lifetime for me and I don't want it to pass me. Any advice you would give would be great! Thanks

Ying said...

(my email is Yingers@gmail.com)
This is quite random but I was searching for information about NBC Pages and saw your blog about your life as Page. I got a call today from NBC Universal for an interview with the Page program and I would really like to know how the interview process was for you and how you got the job. I feel really fortunate to be selected for an interview, but I heard the interview process was hard and I want to be prepared. This is a chance of a life time for me and I don't want it to pass me. Any advice you would give would be great! Thanks