Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mama, I'm coming home...

Today is a good day, for I am hopping on a jet plane and making my way back to my hometown. March is a big month in Odland family. Both my mother and I have birthdays, so it has always been a fun time of the year for our family.

Ever since I moved to California, March hasn't been the same, for obvious reasons, I'm here, they're there (Utah). So this year, now that I can afford it, I am flying back home to see this wild group (pictured, circa 1992). If you know me, then you will believe when I say that my family knows how to have a good time. That is why I am SO looking forward to stepping off that plane and grounding myself on that beautiful Utah soil.

Family aside, it has been what feels like Eons since I last saw many of my Utah friends. That is why this time around I am also having a little get together at one of my favorite local Restaurants, The Pie. We used to always assemble in this ma & pa pizzeria, tip back pitchers of Hefeweizen and chomp on some of the best pizza this side of the Rocky Mountains.

The purpose of this entry is to throw out a warning that I will prob not be writing for the rest of the week. Keep your eyes open though, because I may manage to squeeze one out if I get around to it. And I'm off...

I'll be back Monday!

No comments: