Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm back and FATTER than ever...

I'm officially back from my little Utah adventure weekend. It was a really fun time. I got to see a lot of old friends and eat A LOT of good food. I must say that it was good to be in old Utah. I made it a point to stop by KUTV and visit some of the people I worked with before I made the trek out here to LA. That is always fun. I will admit that I am glad that I got out of there. The people were great, but the atmosphere and the hours are brutal.

Being with my family aside, one of the best parts about being home was hanging with my friends. Like the good old days, we got together at The Pie near the University of Utah. A lot of people showed up to my surprise and we had a good old time catching up. Also, my loving family treated me to a hearty steak dinner at Diamond Lil's in celebration of my upcoming 28th birthday. It was a very gluttonous event. All I need to say is that there was enough meat and drinks to feed an entire crew of viking. (For Pie and Diamond Lil's See the pictures below.)



Turns out that my trip home was the perfect little getaway for me. It's always fun to spend a good chunk of time with my awesome family in beautiful Park City. I'll be going back soon, so if I didn't manage to see you this time around, chances are I will do so next time.

Also, today I found out that I am apparently Obese. This comes as NO surprise to me after all the food I gorged on during my little trip. This information was brought to light by my boss. No, he didn't say, "Kristian, you are sure looking super fat today." He gave me a copy of this BMI Chart that his doctor gave to him. This Body Mass Index puts you in one of three categories: "Normal," "Overweight," "Obese," and "Extremely Obese." You simply match up your height with your current weight and it tells you what category you are in. I know what your thinking, obviously, I am not obese, so it is clear that this BMI chart is not a perfect science, but it has given me even MORE motivation to cut back on the junk, eat less, and exercise more. In fact, I remember back in High School, when I was in the best shape of my life, this BMI chart still said that I was overweight. I guess it's just another part of having rich Norwegian Viking Genes coursing through my veins. See where you stand:

No comments: