Friday, March 21, 2008

G.I. Joe, the real American ZERO...

It is a bit of a trip down memory lane for many of us that grew up in the '80s. I'm sure you've heard by now that Paramount and Dreamworks has decided to make G.I. Joe into a feature film. I honestly don't know what to think about this. Frankly, I think it is just another attempt for the studios to grab a HUGE chunk of money from the generation that grew up watching the cartoon and playing with the action figures. In fact, the upcoming film will most likely be LAME. After all, Stephen Sommers, who directed the awful and shameful Van Helsing, is helming this adaptation. I WILL say however that I am pretty impressed with the people they have cast. See for yourself.



One of my favorite casting decisions is that of martial artist-actor Ray Park. He has been cast as the masked and mysterious hero Snake Eyes. You might remember Park from his unforgettable role as the devious Darth Maul, from Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace and the highly agile mutant, Toad, in the highly popular X-Men. In fact just yesterday, Larry Hama, the mastermind behind this new cinematic version of the Joes, sent out the first released publicity shot of Ray Park in the Snakes-Eyes costume and they are for lack of a better word "DOPE!"These photos are AWESOME, but I fear the awesomeness may just end there. I feel like I should admonish you to enjoy these photos for now, because something tells me that this movie could be, for lack of a better word, "SHIT!" G.I. Joe is out Summer 2009.

No comments: