Sunday, March 09, 2008

Just another reason to be a proud Norwegian...

As many of you know, I am freakishly proud of my Norwegian heritage. And thanks to my cousin, Lars (who just happens to live in Norway), I have just one more thing to be proud of. I have always known that Norway was a mecca for Black Metal, but until I saw and heard this song, by Dimmu Borgir (pronounced /Dim-moo Bore-gear/) I don't think I fully understood the genius behind the music genre.

This music video, titled "The Serpentine Offering" depicts medieval Christian crusaders (Teutonic Knights) raiding a village and slaughtering innocent people. A priest's assistant is shown to dislike killing people just because of faith.

Very powerful music. I don't know if it speaks to you, but it definitely speaks, or SCREAMS to me.



HA, thanks Lars....

No comments: