Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I don't think PETA would approve...



You remember all those Sci-fi movies about giant insects invading and destroying the city? I think every teen aged boy growing up in the 1940s and 1950s feared that nuclear fallout would cause insects to mutate and grow to mammoth proportions. Just like the cult classic Them! With that in mind let me tell you about a little something I found online today.
I subscribe to this daily newsletter called Thrillist. It always hooks me up with random links and information. Today, I received a particularly interesting link.

japanesebugfights.com

It feels like a combination of a bad Godzilla movie and a Street Fighter video game. Essentially the creators of this website match up two VERY different types of bugs in a small container. The two creatures battle until only one is left standing. It's not exactly something that PETA would approve of, but I must say it is pretty entertaining to watch. Japanese Bug Fights has to be a concept of a couple of really bored Japanese dudes sitting in their basement with nothing better to do than plan the next "match up" between bugs they find in their backyard. If you watch, I recommend you add your own sound affects, it really makes it that much better. Check it out...

No comments: