Friday, January 04, 2008

Just to pay the RENT...

What a MORNING, I just wanted to share with you how my morning has gone. First, let me give you a little back story.
In November, as usual, my roommates and I gave our landlord rent checks. A few weeks passed, then out of the blue, he contacts us, saying that he has lost the checks, can you believe that? So he asked us to cancel the old ones and write him new checks. So after being a little irritated, I wrote the new check and deducted the check cancellation fee from the total. So should be all said and done, right? Guess again, this morning, my roomie sends me a text message saying:

"don't cancel your checks, the landlord found the old ones and has already deposited them."

Okay, by this point I was fuming. Here I have already done more than my part, and now the check I just canceled might bounce? AAAARGH! Luckily, I called my credit union and they were able to work it out so my check won't bounce. Don't know why I shared this info, I just thought it was a little amusing.

No comments: